Students should be dropped off in the morning in the designated areas in front of the science wing for 7-12 and in front of the gymnasium for K-6. Do not let your child off if your car is not in one of these areas. Please be respectful and allow every other car to proceed so that no one has to wait beyond a reasonable period of time.
Parents should not drop their children off directly from route 22. The White Creek Town Office building parking lot may be used for morning student drop-off.
Rules of Conduct on School Buses
- Students shall obey the bus drivers instructions
- The bus driver is authorized to assign seats
- Students who must cross the road to board or leave the bus should cross in front of the bus when signaled to do so by the driver. Follow the 10’ rule.
- Students shall enter and leave the bus in an orderly fashion.
- Students are to remain seated after entering and before leaving the bus.
- No student shall be allowed to occupy any position that will interfere with the vision of the driver or their driving.
- Students shall not change seats while the bus is in motion.
- Students shall not extend any portion of their body out of the window, and they shall keep their legs out of the center aisle.
- Students must maintain complete silence whenever a school bus approaches a railroad track to enable the driver to hear audible signals.
- Students shall hold conversations in a normal tone of voice so that the driver’s distraction is kept to a minimum.
- Nothing shall be thrown within the bus or in and out of the window.
- Wastepaper shall be deposited in the receptacle provided in the front of the bus.
- No bundles, large parcels, groceries or pets shall be carried in the school bus.
- No food will be eaten on the bus unless the driver grants permission.
- Personal listening devices (i.e. MP3, radio, CD players,etc) may be used at the discretion of the bus driver.
- Personal listening devices shall be turned off and their ear pieces or headphones removed when boarding or departing the school bus for safety purposes so that the student(s) will be able to hear communications from the driver while boarding/departing/crossing or in the event of an emergency, i.e.: car attempting to pass the bus while loading/unloading students.
- Students shall not be destructive.
- Students shall not smoke or use tobacco products.
- Verbal abuse and fighting of any kind will not be tolerated on school buses.
- The discharge or release of aerosol sprays, powders or liquids is strictly prohibited on the school bus. This includes perfumes, deodorants, body sprays and any substance, liquid or solid, that can emit aromatic fumes within the confines of the interior of the school bus. For health and safety reasons and in the greater interest of students, drivers or any passenger on the school bus who may have allergic reactions and/or an asthmatic condition, this rule will be strictly enforced.