Robotics and Automation
Intro to Computer Science and Robotics (Intro to CS)
Updated Supply List for Fall 2018 Each student is expected to maintain a dedicated, organized 3 ring binder for DDP. A 3/4" 3 ring binder will be sufficient for the entire year and may be stored in the HS Technology room unless the binder needs to be taken home in order to study.
The student's name and class are to be clearly shown on the cover of the binder and no other materials from other classes are to be present.
Please note: Plenty of paper, slightly used binders are available in the tech room at the start of the year so you do not need to go out and purchase a binder. However a binder does need to be available within the first week of school. Please ask me if you would like to reuse an existing binder.
STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO STUDY CLASS NOTES AND HANDOUTS ON A DAILY BASIS.
The following units provide a broad introduction to topics in robotics and automation.
- Introduction to robotics and automation
- Safety Unit
- Automation Unit and Flow Control using FischerTechnik
- Digital and analog circuit investigation using digital oscilloscopes
- Circuit design and PBASIC programming using Parallax SumoBots
- Intro to Artificial intelligence (AI) and swarm robotics
- Capstone project in automation and/or robotics using Tetrix