Amy L. Braun-Cafeteria Manager
677-8527 ext. 1427
Information Sheet for Requesting Take-Out Meals
During the School Year 2020 – 2021
Due to COVID-19 our daily school schedule is going to look very different this year. Cambridge Central School does not wish for any of our students to experience food difficulties and we do not want breakfast and lunch to be an added burden for parents. Therefore, we are offering take-out meals on school days that your child(ren) is not in the school building.
Who can receive meals?
- All CCS students
How do I receive the meals?
- You fill out the request form, sign it, and return to the cafeteria
- A form is included
- Forms are also on the school website, cafeteria webpage, in the main offices, and cafeteria office
- The form goes to Amy Braun, Cafeteria Manager
What are the meals?
- Breakfast and Lunch
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has extended the waiver allowing ALL CCS student’s to receive free meals through December 31, 2020, dependent on available funding.
- If the USDA waiver expires or is cancelled you will be notified and the following will be put into effect:
- Free/Reduced Meal Program applies to take-out meals
- All paid eligible students must pre-pay. No charging of any meals is permissible per the directive of The Office of Child Nutrition, State Education Department.
- Meal Prices: breakfast $1.35
lunch: Grades K-3 $1.75, 4-6 $1.95, 7-12 $2.25
Where will we receive our meals?
Your child will go into 1 of 4 groups. You will mark this on your form.
- 100% Remote Learners: pick-up meals outside the high school music room on Monday at 9 am. You will remain in your car like we did in the spring. You will receive 5 days of meals.
- High School Group A: At the end of the school day on Tuesday your child will pick-up, in a place to be determined, 3 days of meals (Wed-Thurs-Fri) to take home.
- High School Group B: At the end of the school day on Friday your child will pick-up, in a place to be determined, 3 days of meals (Mon-Tues-Wed) to take home.
- 7th/8th: At the end of the school day on Tuesday your child will pick-up, in a place to be determined, meals for Wednesday to take home.
When will this start?
- 100% Remote Learners: Monday, September 14th
- High School Group A: Tuesday, September 15th
- High School Group B: Friday, September 11th
- 7th/8th: Tuesday, September 15th
Guidelines to Follow:
- You must fill out and sign the request form
- You must keep a positive balance on your child’s lunch account
- You or your child must pick-up meals regularly
- Communication is Key – please let me know in advance if you’re not going to be able to pick up your meals, if you wish to be removed, and if you have any questions or concerns.
- Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org 518-677-8527 ext. 1427
Non-discrimination Statement: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternate means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print. Audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
- Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410
- Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
- Email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.