Civil Rights

  • If you have a discrimination complaint you may discuss it with a school official and you have a right to a fair hearing. This can be done by calling or writing the following official: Dr Douglas Silvernell, 58 South Park Street, Cambridge, New York 12816 (518) 677-2653 ext. 1014

    Non-discrimination Statement: In accordance with the Federal civil rights law and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternate means of communication for program information (e.g. Brille, large print, Audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Form, (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 
    2. Fax: (202) 690-7442 or 
    3. Email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.