The communications office is the news and information source for the district website and social media channels, a liaison with the media and the producer of the district publications. Contact the office for:
- Questions about the district
- Coverage on the district’s website or social media accounts
- Questions about district publications
- Media inquiries
Cambridge prides itself on having excellent communication with our students’ families and the community. The district uses ParentSquare for all communication with families from the district, school and classroom levels, primarily with email, text and app notifications.
ParentSquare is fully integrated with SchoolTool and will be used to send updates to our families. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for our students’ guardians using the email address and phone number we have in SchoolTool. We encourage guardians to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
If you are not receiving messages from the district, it likely means we need to update your contact information or you need to create a parent portal account. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to update your information or create a portal account.
What you can do with ParentSquare
- Receive messages from the school via email, text, phone call or app notification
- Choose to receive information as it is sent or all at once with a daily digest that evening
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Comment on school postings to engage with your school community
ParentSquare for Community Members
Are you a community member who’d like to receive information, notices, news and more from the district?
How and when you receive messages
ParentSquare allows users to customize their notifications based on notification type, preferred delivery method and time of receipt (digest vs. instant). Notification types include:
- Emergency alerts and notices, which include any urgent alerts and notices that cannot be disabled.
- School alerts, which include any smart alerts and other student notices.
- General announcements and messages, which include any posts, direct messages and reminders.
ParentSquare users select whether they want to receive alerts, general announcements and messages via text and app notifications and via instant or digest email. They also decide whether they want to receive messages instantly or as a daily digest. If digest is chosen, they receive an email and/or text and/or an app notification in the evening with all posts from that day (rather than receiving them when they are sent).
Download the ParentSquare App
You can download the free mobile app for iOS or Android or use the desktop version.