Pupil services helps to ensure that Cambridge students are provided with services consistent with New York State Education Department regulations. Those services are available to any student with a mental, physical or emotional impairment that affects their educational performance.
A school psychologist is located in each school to provide psychological services to students.
Services provided may include:
- Evaluations of students suspected of having special education needs;
- School-based counseling services for selected students to improve educational adjustment;
- Consultation with teachers, administrators and parents to enhance student progress;
- Case management services with specific selected students with intensive needs;
- Referrals and collaboration with professionals and agencies outside of the school district.
- Counseling, instruction and mentoring for those struggling with social, emotional and behavioral problems
Psychologist contact information
Interim Elementary Associate Principal/Director of Pupil Services
518-677-8527 ext. 2472
Chairperson: Committee on Special Education
518-677-8527 ext. 1492
Chairperson: Committee on Preschool Special Education
518-677-8527 ext. 1450