Solar Power Project - CCS Solar Panel Array
The solar power project was part of the continuing efforts of the district's Energy and Sustainability Committee, which has worked since 2006 to make recommendations to the Board of Education on ways to make CCS more energy efficient and sustainable.
District Office/Bus Garage
- This system is made up of 275 panels.
- Each panel measures 300 watts.
- The total system size is 82,500 watts.
- The system is expected to produce over 83,000 kilowatt hours of energy annually.
- This offsets about 57.2 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions and will exceed the building's electricity needs.