The Cambridge Central School District is excited to announce that it is reopening its fitness center for community members beginning Monday, Sept. 11.
The program will run from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and follow the school schedule. The fitness center is not open on holidays or snow days.
Individuals will enter through the back gym entrance. Upon entering the fitness center, all individuals will need to sign in.
Individuals can register for the program by visiting the district office at 58 South Park St. from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. To register for the program, individuals will need to sign a release form and pay a refundable $5 deposit for a swipe card to retrieve access to the building. If individuals have already gone through the process, they do not need to do anything else.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please call 518-677-2653, ext. 1010.
Fitness Center Rules for Use
- No entry allowed unless the CCS monitor is present.
- Only CCS student athletes and registered users* are permitted to use the fitness center.
- No guests are allowed.
- No sharing of swipe cards is allowed; Each person must have their own swipe card.
- Everyone must sign in, presenting a photo ID upon entering the fitness center.
- A clean pair of sneakers is required.
- Everyone must wipe down all the equipment (bar, benches, seats, cardio equipment) after each use with the hand towels provided.
- All equipment must be returned to their original places (weights on racks, equipment on shelves, boxes in their areas, etc.).
- Any damaged or malfunctioning equipment needs to be reported to the fitness center monitor on duty immediately.
Other Important Information
The swipe card will only grant you access to the building. You must wait for a monitor to be present to enter the fitness center. Your swipe card will not grant you access to the fitness center door.
Failure to adhere to the rules and regulations of the fitness center may lead to suspension or revocation of privileges.
*The fitness center is only open to students in grades 7-12. A registered user is any person who has received a swipe card from the Cambridge Central School District Office after having signed and returned the fitness center waiver.